Terms and Conditions
HOLD HARMLESS FORM
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in the National Scholastic Surfing Association athletic sports program, related events and activities the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates and agrees that:
1. The risk of injury from the activities involved in this program is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular rules, equipment and personal discipline may reduce the risk, the risk of serious injury does exist; and,
2. I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation ; and,
3. I willingly agree to comply with the stated customary terms and conditions for participation. If, however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participating and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately; and,
4. I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE NATIONAL SXHOLASRIC SURFING ASSOCIATION, their officers, officials, agents, and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event, the cities of Encinitas, its officers, officials, employees and agents, the city of Oceanside, it’s officers, officials, employees and agents, the city of Huntington Beach, it’s officers, officials, employees and agents, the city of Dana Point, its officers, officials, employees and agents, The city of Carlsbad, its officers, officials, employees and agents (RELEASEES”) WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH or loss or damage to person or property. WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE.
5. PHOTO RELEASE: I grant the NSSA representatives the rights to use my image or likeness in still or motion form for the purpose of publicizing the NSSA and/or it’s events or promoting future events.
Buy clicking the agree button on this site I am indicating that I have read this Release of Liability and assumption of risk agreement , fully understand it’s terms, understand that I have given up substantial rights by agreeing and do so freely and voluntarily without and inducement.
NOTE: Participants under the age of 18 are required to have the above read and the agreement button clicked by their legal parent or guardian. By agreeing to the above this will serve to verify that, I, as parent/guardian, with legal responsibility for this participant, do consent and agree to his/her release as provided above of all the Releases, and for myself, my heirs, assigns, and next of kin. I release and agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Releases from any and all liabilities incident to my minor child’s involvement or participation in the programs as provided above, even if arising from their negligence.